Download Critical Factors for Berth Productivity in Container by Bo Lu, Shouyang Wang PDF
By Bo Lu, Shouyang Wang
This ebook is a comparative research of the serious elements in berth productiveness in chinese language and South Korean box terminals. It first defines the idea that of berth productiveness, after which establishes a regression version to guage the productiveness issue. With the consequences received for the best Asian box terminals it identifies the connection among serious components for berth productiveness and their order of value. The findings offer directions for terminal operators to enhance berth productivity.
Read Online or Download Critical Factors for Berth Productivity in Container Terminal PDF
Similar production & operations books
The present financial period, characterised by way of the swift and international dissemination of knowledge and capital, has been known as the "knowledge age," the "entrepreneurial society," and the "intangibles economy," between different labels. Technological and productiveness advancements proceed to shift the emphasis from the mastery of actual resources (e.
This publication is on the innovative of the continuing ‘neo-Schumpeterian’ learn application that investigates how monetary development and its fluctuation could be understood because the final result of a old means of fiscal evolution. a lot of recent evolutionary economics has relied upon organic analogy, specifically approximately ordinary choice.
This is often brand new integral advent to provide chain administration for latest scholars and tomorrow's managers – no longer yesterday's! Prof. Hokey Min makes a speciality of glossy enterprise concepts and purposes – transcending out of date logistics- and purchasing-driven ways nonetheless present in many aggressive books.
The Quadruple Innovation Helix inspiration is the synthesis of top-down guidelines and practices from executive, collage and balanced and formed via bottom-up tasks and activities through Civil Society. moreover, of importance is the complementary enlargement and of completion of the Quadruple Innovation Helix by means of the concept that of the Quintuple Innovation Helix, to which an all-encompassing 5th measurement was once further, specifically, the surroundings.
- Lot-Sizing and Scheduling for Flexible Flow Lines
- Open Tourism: Open Innovation, Crowdsourcing and Co-Creation Challenging the Tourism Industry
- Innovation Acceptance: The Case of Advanced Driver-Assistance Systems
- Better Business Decisions Using Cost Modeling, Second Edition
Additional resources for Critical Factors for Berth Productivity in Container Terminal
1–2008. 12. 29) (e) Gwangyang GDBP Phase 2-1 ① General Condition The optimum Yard Density is 45 %, in the ordinary day, the condition of low productivity is occurrence. 30) ③ Throughput (2008. 1. 1–2008. 12. 30 Facilities and equipments of GDBP Water depth (m) Berth No. QC No. Total area (m2) Yard Berth length (m) Yard area (m2) TGS 350 16 1 2 206,984 125,000 3712 Berth CFS area (m2) Terminal crane No. RTGC RMGC RS YT No. 1 Establishment of Model 31 Port of Incheon (a) Incheon ICT ① General Condition Because the sea route is narrow and the yard area is small, the yard density is exceeding 75 %, and the total handling volumes will break 400,000 TEUs.
In considering the berth related factor in detail, we can extract the number of berth, the length of berth, and berth occupancy ratio as independent factor. However as the number of berth have duplicate characteristics with the length of berth, it can be excluded as independent factors. Furthermore berth occupancy ratio can be excluded, because it is not the input factor of productivity but a result of terminal operation. In considering container yard related factor, the total terminal area, TGS, the height of stack, dwell time, and utilization of container yard can be extracted as major factors of productivity, yet TGS is excluded because it can be duplicated with the total area.
12. 25) (c) Gwangyang HKTL Phase 1 ① General Condition The unreasonable demand that the free loading time exceeds 30 days from the large shipping company caused the yard density is high. The service of on dock is operating. When the contract is expired, the problems often arise. 24 Facilities and equipments of KOREX Water depth (m) Berth No. QC No. Total area (m2) Yard Berth length (m) Yard area (m2) TGS 350 15 1 3 210,000 140,700 3726 Berth CFS area (m2) Terminal crane No. RTGC RMGC RS YT No. 25 Throughput of KOREX Average vessel length (m) Average carrying capacity (TEU) Working time/year (day) Working time/day (h) Total throughput of berth (TEU) Total throughput of yard (TEU) N/A N/A 363 20 403,603 142,906 The yard density is more than 60 %, in the ordinary day; the condition of low productivity is occurrence.