Download Conjugate Heat and Mass Transfer in Heat Mass Exchanger by Li-Zhi Zhang PDF
By Li-Zhi Zhang
Conjugate warmth and Mass move in warmth Mass Exchanger Ducts bridges the space among basics and up to date discoveries, making it a precious device for an individual trying to extend their wisdom of warmth exchangers. the 1st booklet out there to hide conjugate warmth and mass move in warmth exchangers, writer Li-Zhi Zhang is going past the fundamentals to hide fresh developments in gear for strength use and environmental keep watch over (such as warmth and moisture restoration ventilators, hole fiber membrane modules for humidification/dehumidification, membrane modules for air purification, desiccant wheels for air dehumidification and effort restoration, and honeycomb desiccant beds for warmth and moisture control). Explaining the information in the back of and the purposes of conjugated warmth and mass move allows the layout, research, and optimization of warmth and mass exchangers. Combining this lately came across facts into one resource makes it a useful reference for pros, teachers, and different events.
- A research-based method emphasizing numerical tools in warmth mass transfer
- Introduces simple information for exchangers' layout (such as friction components and the Nusselt/Sherwood numbers), how to remedy conjugated difficulties, the modeling of assorted warmth and mass exchangers, and more
- The first e-book to incorporate lately stumbled on developments of mass move and fluid movement in channels made out of new materials
- Includes illustrations to visually depict the book's key concepts
Read Online or Download Conjugate Heat and Mass Transfer in Heat Mass Exchanger Ducts PDF
Best hydraulics books
Your strategy to learning fluid mechanics
Need to profit concerning the homes of drinks and gases the pressures and forces they exert? Here's your lifeline! Fluid Mechanics Demystified is helping you take up the necessities of this tough engineering subject. Written in an easy-to-follow layout, this functional advisor starts by means of reviewing simple ideas and discussing fluid statics. subsequent, you'll dive into fluids in movement, essential and differential equations, dimensional research, and similitude. inner, exterior, and compressible flows also are coated. countless numbers of labored examples and equations make it effortless to appreciate the cloth, and end-of-chapter quizzes and ultimate examination, with ideas to all their difficulties, support toughen studying.
This hands-on, self-teaching textual content offers:
* a number of figures to demonstrate key concepts
* info on Bernoulli's equation and the Reynolds number
* insurance of front, laminar, turbulent, open channel, and boundary layer flows
* SI devices throughout
* A time-saving method of appearing greater on an examination or at work
Simple adequate for a newbie, yet not easy sufficient for a sophisticated scholar, Fluid Mechanics Demystified is your shortcut to realizing this crucial engineering subject.
This ebook offers a coherent and unified remedy of the elemental actual tactics excited about bubble dynamics and the phenomenon of cavitation. Of curiosity to quite a lot of mechanical engineers, the learn of cavitation and bubbly flows is acceptable to themes starting from valve harm in hydroelectric gear, send propellers, and inner combustion engines to the functionality of generators and pumps of all sizes.
The overseas convention on Computational Fluid Dynamics (ICCFD) is the merger of the foreign convention on Numerical equipment in Fluid Dynamics (ICNMFD) and the foreign Symposium on Computational Fluid Dynamics (ISCFD). it's held each years and brings jointly physicists, mathematicians and engineers to study and percentage fresh advances in mathematical and computational thoughts for modeling fluid dynamics.
Fifteen years have handed on account that i used to be operating at a dam web site tremendous vising grouting paintings. That used to be no longer the 1st time that I needed to vehicle ry out engineering geological investigations for numerous comparable initiatives, which consistently integrated trying out programmes to determine the permeability of the rock, and infrequently i used to be in command of grouting paintings.
- Gotze Complex Dynamics of Glass-Forming Liquids-A Mode-Coupling Theory
- An Introduction to Computational Fluid Mechanics by Example
- Electrorheological Fluids - Modeling and Mathematical Theory
- Principles Of Computational Fluid Dynamics Wesseling
- Ecohydraulics: An Integrated Approach
Extra info for Conjugate Heat and Mass Transfer in Heat Mass Exchanger Ducts
91) The axial gradients of temperature and humidity in the solid at the inlet and outlet surfaces are also set to zero. 5 Boundary-fitted coordinates Commonly, a duct of rectangular cross section is easy to solve under the x–y coordinate system. However, the cross section in this case is a sinusoidal one. To facilitate the solution, a boundary-fitted coordinate transformation technique is used to transfer the sinusoidal domain to a square domain. Another benefit with this methodology is that the program can be easily modified to calculate other ducts of arbitrary cross-sectional shapes, as long as the grid points on the boundaries are specified.
53) where km is the internal mass transfer coefficient (1/s) of adsorbents, and weq is the equilibrium water content in solid at temperature T and humidity ratio ω. 5. 55) where Wmax is the maximum water uptake of the solid material (kg/kg), Cs is a constant called the shape factor for the material, and RH is air relative humidity. This sorption curve directly links water content to RH, a variable that can be directly measured. The curve can be used to calculate Kp. The basic thermal physical parameters are obtained in the laboratory.
38×10−23 J/K, Pm is the mean total pressure within the pores in adsorbent (Pa), and T is the absolute temperature (K). 07 μm, while under vacuum conditions, the mean free path for air may be several microns to several meters. Obviously, operating conditions have a great influence on diffusion mechanisms. 7 Diffusion mechanisms for gases in pores. 75) where dp is pore diameter (m). , the pore size is large in relation to the mean free path of gas molecules, the molecule-molecule collisions between gas molecules themselves will dominate and viscous Poisseuille flow will occur.