Download Building Fireplace Mantels: Distinctive Projects for Any by Mario Rodriguez PDF
By Mario Rodriguez
Step by step directions, cutlists and ideal method images and illustrations will make this booklet entice woodworkers with various levels of craftsmanship. advent MANTEL-MAKING fundamentals basic COLONIAL MANTEL GEORGIAN MANTEL uncomplicated FEDERAL MANTEL ARTS AND CRATTS MANTEL THE waterproof coat MANTEL VICTORIAN MANTEL GREENE AND GREENE MANTEL paintings DECO MANTEL modern ARCHITECTURAL MANTEL
Read or Download Building Fireplace Mantels: Distinctive Projects for Any Style Home PDF
Similar woodworking books
An entire visible advisor to utilizing the tablesaw from the main uncomplicated concepts to the main complicated. probably the most vital instruments in any woodworking store, tablesaws are available a big number of kinds and costs. the most recent addition to Tauntons valuable entire Illustrated consultant to Woodworking sequence is the sharpest reference on hand, overlaying all of the crucial tablesaw ideas from the main easy lower to the main complex joint.
Old scroll observed clocks promote for $5,000 to $8,000. This new development assortment outlines the stairs and strategies essential to reflect those superb collectibles. Full-sized styles for every clock are supplied and every development is proven in complete colour.
A superbly illustrated and functional advisor to woodturning for hobbyists craftspeople, this entire sourcebook describes the easiest fabrics, gear, and equipment for profitable woodturning; the right kind method to shop instruments and trees; the foundations of workshop defense; and the significance of right sanding and completing.
Small workshops, together with these of version engineers, are making expanding use of small vertical milling machines. This revised version describes a few of the wide selection of operations attainable in transparent and sensible phrases.
- American furniture of the 18th century
- Popular Woodworking: Complete Book of Tips, Tricks and Techniques
- Turning Techniques & Projects
- Taunton's Complete Illustrated Guide to Choosing and Installing Hardware (Complete Illustrated Guides)
Extra info for Building Fireplace Mantels: Distinctive Projects for Any Style Home
In. thick, 24 SIMPLE COLO N IAL MANTEL though many plywoods are slightly thinner and won't work. You can also cut the splines from solid wood. 1. Rip the splines to width on the table saw. 2. Glue the splines to the beaded edge of each board. Apply glue to the groove, and slip the spline into the groove. Hold the spline in place if necessary with masking tape. 3. Before gluing in all the splines, fit a pair of boards together to test the fit. 4. Prime the paneling with a heavy coat of water-based primer.
3. Check the foundation for plumb and level, then screw it to the furring strips with #8 wood screws. Locate the fasteners so they'll be covered over by the other mantel parts later. Building up the mantel With the foundation securely in place, you can apply the next layer of mantel parts. Working from the bottom up may seem more logical, but I worked from the top down and scribed the plinth blocks to the floor last. 1. Attach the architrave to the foundation with l '/;-in. screws. Make sure the top edge is even Furring strips, shimmed plumb as needed and attached to the wall surface, provide good solid support fo r the foundation.
Miter the reeded molding and glue it onto the foundation . Also add the mitered trim piece around the outside of the reeded molding. THE PILASTERS AND PLINTHS Fit the mitered reed molding around the foundation (see the sidebar on p. 42 for instructions on working with composite moldings). the shoulder cut. Then raise the blade and make a second pass to complete the cut. 4. Cut the foundation molding to fit around the foundation assembly, mitering the inside corners. 5. Cut biscuit slots in the miters to reinforce these joints, then glue and clamp the foundation molding to the foundation assembly.