Download All The Songs: The Story Behind Every Beatles Release by Philippe Margotin, Jean-Michel Guesdon PDF
By Philippe Margotin, Jean-Michel Guesdon
Every album and each music ever published by way of the Beatles?from "Please Please Me" (U.S. 1963) to "The lengthy and Winding Road" (U.S. 1970)?is dissected, mentioned, and analyzed by way of song historians during this energetic and completely illustrated work.
All the Songs delves deep into the background and origins of the Beatles and their song. This first-of-its-kind e-book attracts upon many years of analysis, as tune historians Margotin and Guesdon recount the situations that resulted in the composition of each music, the recording approach, and the tools used.
Here, we study that one in all John Lennon's favourite guitars was once a 1958 Rickenbacker 325 Capri, which he got for £100 in 1960 in Hamburg, Germany. We additionally examine that "Love Me Do," recorded in Abbey street Studios in September 1962, took 18 takes to get correct, although it was once one of many first songs John and Paul ever wrote jointly. And the authors demonstrate that once the Beatles played "I are looking to carry Your Hand" on The Ed Sullivan Show in 1964, John's microphone wasn't grew to become on, so audience heard in basic terms Paul singing.
The 1000s of photos through the publication contain infrequent black-and-white exposure stills, pictures of Beatles tools, and fascinating photographs of the musicians in-studio.
All the Songs is the must-have Beatles publication for the any real Beatles fan.
Read or Download All The Songs: The Story Behind Every Beatles Release PDF
Best music books
Drawing close guitar in a enjoyable means isn't demanding, so long as you will have the proper info. while you're ready, guitar might be enjoyable. such a lot rookies, in spite of the fact that, leap haphazardly into guitar. such a lot newbies don't arrange for the adventure of going to a guitar shop, and such a lot don't be aware of an exceptional guitar from a nasty one.
<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Skip James (1902–1969) used to be possibly the main artistic and idiosyncratic of all blues musicians. Drawing on hundreds of thousands of hours of conversations with James himself, Stephen Calt the following paints a dismal and unforgettable portrait of a guy untroubled by means of his personal murderous tendencies, a guy who accomplished one second of transcendent greatness in a existence haunted via failure.
This “oral autobiography” of Jimmy web page, the intensely inner most mastermind in the back of Led Zeppelin—one of the main enduring bands in rock history—is the main whole and revelatory portrait of the mythical guitarist ever published.
More than 30 years after disbanding in 1980, Led Zeppelin remains to be celebrated for its creative achievements, extensive musical impression, and advertisement luck. The band's infamous exploits were chronicled in bestselling books; but not one of the person contributors of the band has penned a memoir nor cooperated to any measure with the clicking or a biographer. In mild & color, Jimmy web page, the band’s such a lot reticent and inscrutable member, opens as much as journalist Brad Tolinski, for the 1st time exploring his outstanding existence and musical trip in nice intensity and intimate detail.
Based on broad interviews carried out with the guitarist/producer over the last twenty years, gentle & coloration encompasses Page’s complete profession, starting together with his early years as England’s most sensible consultation guitarist while he labored with artists starting from Tom Jones, Shirley Bassey, and Burt Bacharach to the Kinks, The Who, and Eric Clapton. web page speaks frankly approximately his decadent but immensely artistic years in Led Zeppelin, his synergistic relationships with band participants Robert Plant, John Bonham, and John Paul Jones, and his outstanding post-Zeppelin goals. whereas interpreting each significant music recorded by way of Zeppelin, together with “Stairway to Heaven,” “Whole Lotta Love,” and “Kashmir,” web page displays at the band’s sensational excursions, the filming of the live performance motion picture The music is still a similar, his fascination with the occult, assembly Elvis Presley, and the making of the rock masterpiece Led Zeppelin IV, approximately which he bargains a whole behind-the-scenes account. also, the e-book is peppered with “sidebar” chapters that come with conversations among web page and different guitar greats, together with his formative years buddy Jeff Beck and hipster icon Jack White.
Through Page’s personal phrases, gentle and colour offers an extraordinary first-person view of 1 of crucial musicians of our period.
A look for the assets and sounds of a frequently disregarded sister style of Cajun and zydeco song
- Race Music: Black Cultures from Bebop to Hip-Hop
- A Trumpet around the Corner: The Story of New Orleans Jazz
- 1001 Songs: You Must Hear Before You Die
- Music Recommendation and Discovery: The Long Tail, Long Fail, and Long Play in the Digital Music Space
Additional info for All The Songs: The Story Behind Every Beatles Release
3. The Beatles Anthology. indd 48 27/05/13 15:28 Production The second song to be recorded on Monday, February 11, during the afternoon session, “Do You Want to Know a Secret” required six takes. In fact, the best take was the sixth, since the seventh and eighth were overdub recordings to insert choruses, hand claps (in the seventh), and rim-shots (in the eighth). The mono and stereo mixes were done on February 25, with a fade-out at the end. Vee Jay released the single “Do You Want to Know a Secret” / “Thank You Girl” in the United States on March 23, 1964.
Ave the of ites écr any n ns ow nso t no cha 2 did de he e Joh forpri étan,ire qu pro côt. é, n’en sonhts onn,cop deyrig lim. itJoh earlité fifty-y la réa nkspotourta ant thast e,C’e rop s… atle in inBeEu mague doalo cat possédait aucune. indd 41 41 27/05/13 15:27 Brian Epstein, the owner of the largest record store in Liverpool, became the manager of the Beatles in December 1961. Chromatic or Diatonic? According to Pete Best, Joh n probably stole his harmonic a from a Dutch store while the Beatle s were on their way to Hamburg for their first stay.
2. Sheff, The Playboy Interview with John Lennon & Yoko Ono. indd 45 27/05/13 15:27 In 1963, the Beatles began appearing in live BBC shows. During the following two years, they played around five songs per program. Baby It’s You Mack David–Barney Williams–Burt Bacharach / 2:35 MUSICIANS John: vocal, guitar Paul: backing vocals, bass George: backing vocals, guitar Ringo: drums George Martin: celesta RECORDED Abbey Road: February 11, 1963 (Studio Two) / February 20, 1963 (Studio One) NUMBER OF TAKES: 3 MIXING Abbey Road: February 25, 1963 (Studio One) TECHNICAL TEAM Producer: George Martin Sound Engineers: Norman Smith, Stuart Eltham Assistant Engineers: Richard Langham, Geoff Emerick, A.